2015: The Special Task Force on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion produced a report that included the a recommendation around Learning About Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Outside the Classroom... specifically, for the creation of a student training "curriculum" of desired messages and skills.
- 2016: A working group of Campus Life representatives and university partners began the process of developing a Framework for Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) to focus student learning outcomes on D&I concepts
- Summer 2018: The D&I Framework Working Group completed the development of the D&I Framework which includes a student learning outcome rubric, qualitative focus group questions, and survey bank to assess and measure student learning
- Summer 2018: The Diversity & Inclusion Implementation Committee was created and charged with implementing the pilot program across Campus Life
- Fall 2018: Pilot Groups launched to explore the implementation of the D&I Framework in units throughout Campus Life
- Spring 2019: Consultations about how to use the framework began
- 2021: The D&I Framework Community of was Practice launched
- 2021+: Consultations will continue through 2021 and beyond