Office of Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) is committed to supporting and challenging all undergraduate and graduate students by facilitating co-curricular experiences and learning about identity, inclusion, equity, and social justice education. We provide targeted support to affinity groups and serve the broader campus community through education, student mentoring, community advising, and university-wide programming.
Who We Are
The Carl A. Fields Center for Equality and Cultural Understanding, LGBT Center, and Women*s Center are all housed within the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and are distinct units with specific missions, histories, and legacies. Together, we work intersectionally because we understand that our students have layered identities and experiences. We form deliberate partnerships across Centers and with other offices across the University to meet the holistic needs of students. ODI is staffed by deans, an administrative assistant, Center directors, and program coordinators
What We Do
Within Campus Life, the dean for diversity and inclusion is responsible for providing a strategic vision and integrated programs for diversity, equity and inclusion efforts to enhance the division’s mission and goals, as well as contribute to the achievement of the University’s diversity goals.
Dean for Diversity and Inclusion — Primary Duties
- Leads the development of initiatives to provide intentional focus and accountability for diversity, equity and inclusion efforts across Campus Life, while working with and encouraging collaboration and cohesion among efforts and programs.
- Serves as a member of the campus-wide Senior Diversity Practitioners Group and other diversity-related committees.
- Serves as an advocate, resource and proactive catalyst to advance strategies for student inclusion and co-curricular experiences.
- Works with colleagues to develop student-focused curriculum and workshops/ trainings on diversity, identity and related concepts.
- Oversees the selection/funding process for the University-wide Campus Conversations on Identities Initiative.