Campus Life initiatives are coordinated by the executive director for planning and administration and the executive assistant in the Office of the Vice President for Campus Life.
WHO WE ARE
The executive director for planning and administration is the senior administrator in the Office of the Vice President for Campus Life, charged with leading, managing and operationalizing the work of the office and supporting the goals of the vice president. The executive director works with all of the units within Campus Life, the Office of the Executive Vice President, the Office of the Provost, the Office of the Dean of the College,
the Graduate School and the Office of the General Counsel.
WHAT WE DO
Executive Director for Planning and Administration—Primary Duties
- Administration—Oversee administrative functions including budget and finance, human resources, and policies and procedures across Campus Life units, and collaborate with other offices across campus that serve and support the student life experience.
- New Initiatives—With Campus Life partners, develop and direct strategies and initiatives that focus on improving the undergraduate and graduate student experience.
- Crisis Management—Work with offices across campus to address and coordinate responses to issues that impact the student community.
- Travel—Provide crisis management during off-campus and overseas emergencies;
vet proposed travel by undergraduate students to high-risk countries; help develop
policies, procedures and resources that support University-sponsored travel.
- ROTC—Oversee the University liaison to the Army ROTC program and serve as
the administrative point for the Navy and Air Force ROTC programs.
Executive Assistant—Primary Duties
- The executive assistant in the Office of the Vice President for Campus Life
supports the vice president directly and provides secondary support to the
executive director and the dean for diversity and inclusion. The executive
assistant manages the day-to-day operations of the office, acts as the primary
resource for internal and external University inquiries, and collaborates on
a wide variety of special assignments.